Friday, August 15, 2008

Nervous?!!??......

...yeah, a little.

I have a gig with the following folks (click to enlarge) on Monday the 18th of August:




We don't know each other, have never met, and there will be no rehearsal -- we will not be seeing the films in advance, or hearing the poetry....just improvising based on what we're experiencing at the moment. This is the kind of thing that could be incredible...or not.

Even though I improvise, I'm a control freak, which is why I NEVER go dancing, but I have been in an actual dance performance as a "dancer". (Parenthetically, I also co-choreographed that piece with dancer Janet Gerson. This was in the 80's. "Rituals and Incantations", it was called. I came up with the title and concept, which I always liked. Musicians dancing, and and dancers making music.)

...but I digress......

Somehow, this kind of reminds me of that...the only difference is that we REHEARSED Rituals and Incantations...

Anyway, it's a great venue. It's a place called Cell which just opened. I suggested this place to the guy (Dan Godston) who is putting it together. I saw a really great Turkish performance there with Sevgi a couple of months ago.

I am practicing though, although I don't know how to practice for it....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

how'd it go? is there evidence on youtube or elsewhere?

Reed Robins said...

The only evidence is in the ether...that, and the fact that my ears are still ringing!

It was fun though. I'm going to try and do a little post on it later.

Thanks for asking.