Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fighting....

I'm on facebook (like who isn't?), and tonight I'm noticing all these status updates by these women friends I have, mentioning names that I don't recognize, and in googling then I realize we're talking about prizefighters.

I'm not sure why it's the women, I thought only men were stupid enough to follow this...(oh no I DIDN'T!!)

Of course the status updates have follow up comments "I can't believe how fast so-and-so was", "I thought it would go more rounds" etc.

Am I the only person who thinks people shouldn't be fighting each other for sport? We don't let consenting adults have duels with pistols anymore, why should we let them fight with fists?

I mean, wrestling is one thing, athletic competition is fine, but hitting?

I don't go for it. There -- I said it.

No comments: